Quarterly Update – January 2017
Capital for Colleagues, the investment vehicle focused on opportunities in the Employee Owned Business (‘EOB’) sector, is pleased to announce an investment update in respect of the quarter ended 30 November 2016.
Key Statistics for the quarter:
- GBP 5,429,235 (31 August 2016: GBP 5,042,735) lent or invested in a portfolio of 18 unquoted EOBs and 12 publicly traded companies displaying demonstrable employee engagement
- Net Asset Value (‘NAV’) of GBP 5,205,581 (31 August 2016: GBP 5,249,017)
- NAV per share of 54.09 pence (31 August 2016: 54.54 pence per share)
John Eckersley, Chief Executive of Capital for Colleagues, said: "We are delighted to have added OPML and Bright Ascension to our portfolio and with the further progress we have made in aligning our interests with those of employee stakeholders in our investee companies."
Material developments in the quarter:
- GBP 200,000 fixed term loan to Hire & Supplies Limited (‘H&S’) and 100,000 convertible preference shares in H&S held by the Company, were redeemed through the allotment to the Company of Preference Shares in H&S worth GBP 300,000.
- Additional GBP 0.1 million invested in Anthesis Consulting Group Limited.
- GBP 250,000 subscribed for 5,295 A Ordinary Shares of GBP 1 each in Office for Public Management Limited (‘OPML’); the Company also made a loan of GBP 50,000 to OPML.
- GBP 150,000 subscribed for 150,000 A Ordinary Shares of GBP 1 each in Bright Ascension Limited (‘BAL’).
- Assisted Ecomerchant Natural Building Materials Limited with a short term working capital loan
- of GBP 47,000